S/669 George IV Rosewood Jewellery Box
The rectangular lid, with a raised panel decorated with a mother of pearl plaque and turned beaded edging, is outlined with mother of pearl stringing with roundels to each corner.
To the front is a mother of pearl escutcheon and conforming stringing with roundels. The lid opens to reveal an interior divided into seven compartments for ones jewellery.
The whole, fitted with a lock and key, has turned squat bun feet and retains a patination, is in good condition and is a most attractive design.
11½ in. (29 cm.) Wide
8¼ in. (21 cm.) Deep
4¼ in. (11 cm.) High
English Circa 1825